Thursday, February 11, 2010

VICTORY!!!

As of today, February 11th, 2010, ten months and 18 rounds of chemotherapy after being diagnosed with stage four metastatic colon cancer to left lung and four mediastinal lymph nodes, I am in full remission or NEDS.( no evidence of disease.) Goliath has been defeated!!!

I am overjoyed to say the least.!!!! This is the best news possible. My battle with Goliath will never be over, but for now Goliaths troops have been destroyed and we just need to keep guard against any new uprising. We will do that with constant vigilance and continued chemical dispersal, to quell any rouge cells that might be hiding out in undisclosed locations.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. Everybody,s best wishes and help is very much appreciated. It has been a very emotional and stressful period of time for my family and I. Now maybe we can get back to a little normality and start living an active life again. It is a wonderful feeling to be able to look forward with hope, vigor and longevity instead of uncertainty and foreboding. To quote an old TV personality of my childhood and the 50's, Jacky Gleason of the Honeymooners, " How sweet it is!"

4 comments:

  1. It defintely is sweet! The best news ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still filled with joy the morning after the news. There is a God and he's watching over my little brother. You did it! You beat Goliath!
    love, sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uncle David - I could not be happier right now. I am emotional for you and have tears in my eyes as I type this. This is the best news ever! Now go hug your girls and enjoy your victory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cuz, Your phone call was the best!! All the thoughts and prayers (and your good atitude) paid off....I'm looking forward to fishing trips far into the future....JD

    ReplyDelete