Monday, September 28, 2009

Sonshine

It has been a while since I last posted. It has been a busy two weeks for me. A very good time ,because my son Curtis came for a visit. It was so good to have my boy around. My son helped very very much. He did so many chores that helped both Denise and I. We spent a day and serviced babyblue, my old hot rod truck. Curt got to drive babyblue the whole time he was here and now want's a hot rod of his own. We had a good day out with cousin John and did some fishing and went out on the big boat. We played wii golf and Curt kept getting frustrated because I kept beating him. The old man still has a little touch.
It was a tough two weeks though, as it was the hardest round for me. I was very ill and it lasted longer than any other round. I have only gotten one good day feeling wise this round. My blood counts are lower than ever before and I start off each round with less than the previous one. My Oncologist say's ( that as long as my platelet count is above 100 we are good to go for another round.) Normal platelet count is 140 up. I hoover around 100-110. My white cell count is low but still in normal range, but my red cell count is well below normal and hemoglobin is very low as well. I am being told as long as I can get out of bed in the morning then I am doing good.
I am going to do rounds 9-16 without the drug oxilplatin. That is the one that does all the nerve damage and makes me hot -cold sensitive. Hopefully I will feel better this next series of chemo. We will do another scan sometime in October. So the battle continues. I will continue to fight. I will get up and out of bed every morning as I have done so far and take the fight to the next level until Goliath can no longer go as far as me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment