Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Wrapped in Love

I thank everybody for donateing a patch for my quilt. It is very special. You know what they say about the old and the young. I love my new blanky!!

I especialy thank Denise for this special gift. Denise came up with the idea, got everybody to come up with a special patch of cloth that had someting paticular to them. She then set about laying out the patches. It goes from center out, with my favorite picture taken at my sons wedding. It is of Me, Denise, My eldest Daughter Rachael on my left, my son Curtis, My daughters, Lauren to Curts left and Michelle.From there it is Mom on top, Dad underneath, Denise to the left and Karyn, my sister to the right. Surrounding that are my children's, then grandchildren's, son in laws , Mother and Father in laws, Brother and sister in laws, nieces, nephews, aunt, uncle's and even the dog Shelby. It is a beautiful piece of craftmanship and is surrounded in blue and black trim, my favorite colors. Denise took weeks to hand craft and sew this quilt for me. Making this quilt was a true labor of love. I can not exspress how much this quilt means to me. I am truly wrapped in love!!

2 comments:

  1. Is your blanket your new quilty pleasure? HA! I crack myself up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve to be wrapped in love. It was such a wonderful idea of Denise's and then she put so much work into it. The quilt looks wonderful and I'm sure you'll love using it. Lucky you....sis

    ReplyDelete