Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hot or cold?

I must have a duel zone temperature control that has gone on the fritz. My head is hot and I sweat but my feet are cold and tingly and I have to wear socks. I was told I would become cold sensitive and that has happened but not the way I thought. Parts of my body are sensitive to cold are some are sensitive to hot and at the same time! Week one of a cycle and I can't drink or eat anything cold or my throat spasms and closes up. Week two and I can drink and eat cold because my throat doesn't spasm but my fingers and lips go tingly.
Today we had a meal out and I ordered my favorite meal of Pot roast and mashed potatoes swimming in gravy and a cold beer. The pot roast was OK but the beer was terrible. It tasted like metal. All the taste buds on the tip of my tongue go funny but the buds at the back of my tongue seem normal. It's hard to determine whats going to taste good or not. Right now buttermilk with salt is like elixir. It taste wonderful , sooths my throat and settles my stomach. I will probably drink a truck load of the stuff from now until Tuesday.
Today I was the victim of a hit and run. A little old lady in an electric sit down cart at the grocery store ran into the back of my legs while talking on her cell phone. She didn't say a word and accelerated away at a whopping quarter mile an hour and made a sharp right turn down aisle B making her get away. Where is the electric cart police when you need them?

3 comments:

  1. Buttermilk? Yuck! But if it tastes good to you, go for it! At least now I know why they make it. And a hit and run from a little old lady in an electric cart? Now I've heard everything...but I can't believe she had the nerve to not at least apologize. How rude!! I think I would have chased her down aisle B and set her straight on the rules of electric car hit and run. Once again, you've given me a good laugh. Love, sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little old ladies on motorized carts can be dangerous. It wasn't grandma, was it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little old lazy reminds of:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppSUnOB4DZw

    ReplyDelete