Friday, August 14, 2009

A recon on Goliath.

Today I had a C/T scan. A mid-battle scouting report on the enemies strength. We will review the scan on the 31st of Aug when I visit my oncologist. We will under go another chemical attack, round 6, and then assess the battle damage. We hope of course that we have destroyed a vast amount of Goliaths troops while taking on minimum damage to our self!
I said after my last infusion day that I was getting accustom to the drugs and that I didn't notice the side affects accumulating, well I was wrong!!! These last two weeks have been awful. There has not been a day that my innards haven't hurt. I don't mean just my digestive tract, I mean everything inside of me. My lungs, my heart, my kidneys, my liver, my joints,my muscles. I find it hard to breath, like there is weight on my chest and my heart pounds hard and my blood pressure sky rockets. I feel my blood pulsing against my veins and artery's and with each pulse the pain increases. I feel very heavy and my muscles very week. It is like lifting weights just to stand up. It takes so much effort just to move that I get exhausted just getting up and going to another room. Even the simple things in life like eating ,getting dressed, or any household chore take monumental effort. It is hard to understand how this is helping me. I might get four days this round where I feel ok enough to function. I am now getting to the really hard part where I go and let them hook me up again knowing what's to come just as I start to feel a little better. I will soldier on and keep fighting. I have gotten out of bed every morning and got dressed even if it is just shorts and an old tee-shirt , brushed my teeth, combed my hair and have made my way down stairs. I have driven my daughter to her activities and myself around to all I need to do. I am attending my daughters soccer games and other family functions. I am even going to go fishing with my cousin John on his big boat Monday while I have a chance before I take the juice again. As my son visualizes this battle, Ding,Ding, I am standing up for round six and there pulling the stool out from under my ass.

3 comments:

  1. We will be doing more than just fishing......we are going catching! I'm looking forward to our trip cuz............JD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm no doctor, but you know what would make you feel better? In N Out! That sure would make me feel better! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your fishing with John will make you feel better, not so much on the In N Out (I think that was a joke on Chris' part. I'm sorry you're not feeling well, although you sounded good when I talked to you last week. Maybe you were having a good day or just didn't want to tell let on how poorly you were feeling. I know you're a great dad/husband and do what needs to be done, but I hope you're taking care of yourself too. xoxo Sis

    ReplyDelete