Friday, June 26, 2009

Goliath isn't back, he never went away!

This news of Goliath having metastasized into my lung and now I find out four lymph nodes is devastating news indeed. He has invaded three para tracheal lymph nodes, right next to my windpipe and one subcarnial lymph node right under the branch where the trachea goes to each lung. These lymph nodes are regional lymph nodes for the lung and the lung is a common place for Goliath to metastasize to but it is odd that those lymph nodes got involved. This now means that Goliath is stage IV Metastatic colon cancer. The pathology report states that the four lymph nodes has been obliterated by Goliath. I now have five tumors all between 20-30 mm or two -three cm. No one is sure how this happened. Obviously that tiny little tumor in my colon way back in o7 turned out to be a nasty little %$^&*& and managed to mobilize and invade distant tissue at a very early stage of development. So now we know. It's time to figure out what's next. How do we deal with this? How does this effect my family? How does this effect my life? Whats the prognosis. Is there anything that can be done? Oncology is next. I am now fully in the grip of Goliath. He has me in a strangle hold and I need to fight my way out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment