Friday, June 26, 2009

Putting the battle plan into action.

June 9th ,2009 is D-day. This was a Tuesday morning. With my Beautiful wife who is also my very best friend (who is going through this whole awful ordeal with me) at my side we mustered up the courage to go to the chemotherapy department and let the battle commence. 10;45 and we launched our first attack! All the chemicals at our disposal were dispersed . We were there from 10;00am to 3;00 pm. After a very ,very long day of infusions and chemo and instruction and question and answer sessions we finally made our way home. The hospital/ chemo dept is close, only 25 minutes away and is brand new. I was exhausted mostly from stress but now very relieved that the first of at least 8 rounds was over. Well Kind of. I still had to get used to the constant infusion bottle and figure out a way to wear it. Fortunately we had a fanny pack and that worked out well. I even managed to sleep with it with out any problems. Great, things are going good for the first go around. Not as horrific as maybe I had been lead to believe. I can cope with this. Thursday is disconnect day. That's the best day. I had only very minor side affects, sensations really, and nothing to worry about just yet. I was kinda jacked up. I think I was really excited to see my sister Karyn who was coming to visit me soon. The first round was a breeze.I hope all the other treatments are as mild as this and I can tolerate it well. The better I can tolerate this treatment the more I can have.

No comments:

Post a Comment