Friday, June 26, 2009

A new and diffrent Goliath.

Dr. Ashiku was convinced that Goliath was eliminated and what was in my lung was a new foe, primary lung cancer and that it had spread to lymph nodes. That stages this new beast at stage III Lung cancer with regional lymph node involvement. Not good at all. To say that Denise and I were blown away would be an understatement. We tried our best to put on our bravest faces but the tears did flow. There is no way of describing the crushing ,collapsing feeling when one's world comes tumbling down around them. You find yourself trying to dig your way out of the heavy weight of all that rubble trying to convince yourself that it's all going to be OK when in your heart of hearts you are fearing the worst. A biopsy of the lymph nodes was now called for to identify the type. I asked Dr. Ashiku if maybe this had anything to do with my colon. He believed that the colon issue had been dealt with and all the post test after my colectomy and all the follow up oncology visits along with the followup colonoscopy that I requested to have done in November of 2008 showed that Goliath had been vanquished!! There was no Goliath in my colon at all! This was defiantly a new foe.

No comments:

Post a Comment