Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My introduction to Goliath.
My primary care provider requested I get a sigmoidoscopy. A fancy way of saying we are going to stick a camera up where the sun don't shine. She wanted to check things out cause I turned that certian age. Really an ego booster!

The sigmoidoscopy was not to bad and I was told that my sigmoid was healthy except for two small polips. Little did we know at the time that those little polips were really Goliaths forward scouts. I was told that a colonoscopy was required to remove the polips. After a short time in the fart room I was given an all clear and I beat a hasty retreat blowin gas like a turbo jet.

That was January 30, 2007.





My colonoscopy was on April 12,2007. My Dads birthday.
The colonoscopy wasn't too bad, at least they gave me a little happy juice. As I was being wheeled out of the operating room and into the fart room I was told all went well. As I was in recovery My wife and daughter who was only 11 at the time, joined me and were standing at the foot of my bed when in burst the Dr. that performed the proceedure and blurted out "I found a growth and I think you have CANCER!!!"
We drove home from the hospital in stuned silence. All of us too scared to talk about it. We were dumbfounded.

The waiting..................................and waiting.............................and waiting. Do I or Don't I ? He said he thinks I do but I have to wait for labs. Whats happining? A million thoughts racing through my mind. Am I going to die? What now? What about Denise my wife and my baby girl at home ? Aww shucks (clean version) She had to hear the Doc say the "C"word. Life was in turmoil.

Then the phone call three days later. I am sorry Mr. Porterfield but the biopsy shows positive,you have meet Goliath.

No comments:

Post a Comment