Friday, June 26, 2009

Time for my second fix.



Two weeks later on Tuesday the 23rd June 09. was chemo round number two. This time I was prepared and was able to drive myself to and from chemo no probs! Even took the hot rod! I took my CD player. After they got the juices going I put in my ear plugs, reclined in the recliner and cranked up the tunes.I had just bought a new three Disc compulation album of blues. I let the music in and let my mind go and relaxed for the whole infusion . I was soon on my way home enjoying the rumble of that hot V-8 under the hood of my old Chevy truck and had Stevie Ray Vaughn cranked up loud on the stereo. I just made it a music day. I took things easy and spent most of Wedneday,Thursday and now Friday typing this blog, telling my story. I cleaned house today as well because tomorrow my daughter Lauren arrives from Georgia for a visit. That will do this old man a world of good. I haven't held her in my arms for a long time. Her hugs are like magic. Holding her sooths my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment